Petzl ASAP LOCK Vertical Lifeline Kit is certified to meet the ANSI Z359.15 standard (when used with the RAY rope) and designed to keep those that work-at-height safe. In case of a slip or fall, the ASAP LOCK mobile fall arrester locks onto the RAY rope (sold separately) arresting the user and stopping the fall. The ASAP’SORBER provides energy absorption, and limits impact forces accordingly to the user’s weight and fall distance. Each kit comes with a mobile fall arrester, energy absorber, and connector.
The ASAP LOCK features an integrated locking function that allows the user to immobilize the device on the lifeline in order to reduce the potential fall distance. This function is also useful when working in windy environments, helping to keep tension in the lifeline. The connection arm makes the system drop-resistant when passing intermediate anchors.
The ASAP’SORBER energy absorbers may only be used with an ASAP LOCK mobile fall arrester. They allow the user to work at a distance from the rope, in order to protect it during certain work phases. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the absorbers are protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection.
The Bm’D is a lightweight asymmetrical carabiner made of aluminum. It is a D-shape connector with a TRIACT-LOCK automatic locking system. The sleeve is reinforced for greater front and lateral gate strength.
The CAPTIV positioning bar promotes loading of the carabiner on the major axis and limits the risk of rotation and keeps it well integrated with an ASAP’SORBER.
When installed on a lifeline, these mobile fall arresters follow the user as they move, whether on an inclined or vertical surface. In case of a shock load or sudden acceleration, they lock onto the lifeline and stop the worker, even if grabbed during the fall.
- Constant fall protection:
- Arrests falls, slides, and uncontrolled descents
- Works on vertical or angled rope
- Locks on the rope even if grabbed during the fall
- Simple to use, and effective:
- Moves up or down the rope, without any manual operation
- Easy to install and remove at any point on the rope
- Connection arm makes the system drop-resistant when passing intermediate anchors
- Integrated locking function allows the user to immobilize the device in order to reduce the potential fall distance. In the event of a strong wind, this function also prevents the rope from being blown upward
- Energy absorber to work at a distance from the lifeline
For ANSI Z359.15 compliance, the vertical lifeline system must include:
- RAY 11 mm rope (sold separately)
- ASAP LOCK
- Bm’D with CAPTIV positioning bar
- ASAP’SORBER (20cm, 40cm)
K097AA01 - ASAP LOCK 20 KIT (20cm)
K097AA00 - ASAP LOCK 40 KIT (40cm)
Country of Origin: