The MiniRAE Lite from RAE Systems is a simplified version of the new MiniRAE 3000, and is aimed squarely at the environmental remediation and site surveying market. This keeps the price down, but retains the function and durability that RAE Systems are known for.
The main differences between the MiniRAE Lite and the MiniRAE 3000 are:
- Range: 0.1-5,000 ppm vs. 0.1-15,000 ppm total VOC
- No intrinsic safety certification
- No data logging
For many of the environmental consultants and engineers that we have talked to, this seems like a fair trade against the $1,700 difference in price. You still get the latest technology from the leader in the PID instrument business!
- Large display screen (can display data in graphical format as well)
- Built-in temperature and humidity compensation sensor for improved accuracy
- Improved user interface (menus are very intuitive)
- Detector response time of less than three seconds to changes in concentration
- IP rating of 67 when turned off (very easy to decon), IP65 when running
- Alkaline battery pack pops in and out without tools
- Built-in 2 lamp LED flashlight
- Display languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Italian, Arabic
Monitor Only Includes:
- MiniRAE Lite Monitor, model PGM-7300
- RAE 10.6eV lamp
- External filter
- Protective green rubber boot
- Alkaline battery adapter
- Lamp cleaning kit
- Tool kit
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery, charger (if specified)
- Operation & maintenance manual & CD-ROM
- Soft leather carrying case
Accessory Kit Adds:
- Hard transport case with pre-cut foam
- 5 porous metal filters and o-rings
- Organic vapor zeroing kit
- Gas outlet port adapter and tubing
Calibration Kit Adds:
- 100ppm isobutylene calibration gas, 34 liter cylinder
- Calibration regulator & flow controller
- Size: 10 in. L x 3.0 in. W x 2.5 in.H (25.5 cm x 7.6 cm x 6.4 cm)
- Weight: 26 oz (738 g)
- Running time: 10 hours with alkaline, 16 hours with Li-ion
- Warranty: 3 years on 10.6eV lamp
- Lifetime on instrument (electronics, switches, display)
- 1 year on sampling pump and rechargeable batteries
Part Numbers: 059-A110-000 Monitor only 059-A110-300 Monitor with Accessory Kit 059-A110-100 Monitor with Accessory and Calibration Kit
- 5.00 LBS
- 10.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
- 13.50 (in)
- Calculated at Checkout
I rellay needed to find this info, thank God!
RAE Systems MiniRAE Lite PID Monitor is very simple to use compared to our other model. It is practically push button and go. We are very pleased with the meter and I give it 5 stars - being the best rating. All the equipment that we ordered arrived promptly on time, and the customer service is very responsive and helpful! We will be returning customers.
The display is very clear. I'm much happier using this over the MiniRae 2000 (mfd 2005). Flashlight feature is nearly useless, but clever. Customizable alarm feature is great - can turn the beeper off. Calibration and menu navigation is very simple and quick. It gives you everything you need without the datalogging, at a significantly lower price.
Nice display, easy menus, easy calibration, solid feeling instrument with rubberized case. The optional accessory kit is a great addition too with all the cleaning and maintenance supplies.
My biggest gripe - the batteries. I typically just use alkaline so I can switch on the fly and keep going if I'm in the field unable to charge. At first when I saw "tool-less battery removal" I was excited. The battery pack comes off without any tools and without taking off the rubber case, which is great... but then you need to remove 3 small allen head screws to open the battery pack to actually change batteries. How is this an improvement? It's actually more of a pain than the old setup, and now if I lose the tiny allen wrench then I'm sunk. At least the old 2000 used fewer screws and they were philips head. A minor gripe, but a time waster considering how often you need to swap batteries.