Overhead anchorage connectors have always been a driving need for applications that do not have access to an overhead structure for securing a safe anchorage point. In many instances, such as truck loading / unloading / maintenance, a worker does not have the benefit of an overhead structure to secure an anchorage connector. The Miller SkyORB Overhead Rotational Boom Anchor provides a safe overhead anchorage that is designed specifically for use around vehicles, utilizing the vehicle weight to secure the anchor for proper fall arrest, eliminating the need for heavy and bulky counter weights. The SkyORB Anchor is a pre-engineered system that replaces the need for very expensive, custom engineered, fixed overhead anchor systems.
The SkyORB Anchor offers many unique features:
- Provides the worker with an easy and quick connection with their fall arrest system while working at height
- Designed to eliminate the need for heavy and bulky counter weights by utilizing vehicle weight to safely secure the system in place
- Weighing only 1,050 lbs. (476 kg), it is significantly lighter than competitive systems on the market, making the SkyORB Anchor more versatile
- The adjustable telescoping mast allows the height of the system to be varied from 14 ft.– 20 ft. to accommodate lower roofs and overhead obstacles
- With a boom that rotates 360 degree, it can be easily positioned above the worker’s head, minimizing free-fall distance and swing fall
- Patented energy absorbing technology reduces forces on the system
- The modular design is easy to assemble and transport using only a forklift
- The SkyORB Anchor requires a minimum of 10,000 lbs (4,436 kg) of axle weight to be applied to the base plates.
- The maximum working radius allowed away from the mast is 14 ft. (4.3 m). The user must always be aware of swing fall and ensure that proper fall clearance is available, including lower level obstacles
- The SkyORB Anchor is designed for use with elevated platforms ranging from 6 ft. (1.8 m) to 14 ft. (4.3 m) above the ground. Fall clearance calculation should always be performed for your specific application prior to working at height
- The anchor is rated for one (1) user with total weight not exceeding 310 lbs. (140.6 kg) including all equipment and tools
This item exceeds the weight of our online shipping calculator and does not qualify for free shipping. Please call us at 800-829-9580 for a freight estimate and to place your order.
- 1,530.00 LBS
- 40.00 (in)
- 19.00 (in)
- 121.00 (in)
- Calculated at Checkout
- Remove Free Shipping:
- Orders with this item are Not eligible free shipping