Providing simple work positioning and rescue descent capabilities, the Rescue Positioning Device from DBI-SALA, is a versatile device that's as easy to use any 4:1 pulley system. No special training is needed with the RPD. It comes pre-rigged and is built to be as easy to use as a set of window blinds.
- Pre-rigged and packed for quick deployment
- High mechanical ratio of 4:1
- No special training is needed for use
- Ideal for either rescue or positioning operations
- Meets OSHA standards
The unit can be self-operated or via a second worker, and doing so is as simple as drawing a pair of blinds up. The RPD line can just as easily be locked in position to allow you to perform any maintenance, construction or tower climbing operations you might have. To top it all off DBI-SALA have incorporated a speed-sensing brake that will activate should you loose control of the line. The line used in the RPD is Kernmantle rope, which is specially treated to make it smoother, and keep the whole system running effectively (as well as be easy to coil and pack and suitably strong).
Rescue Positioning Device Includes:
- Anodized Aluminum Housing RPD
- 3/8 in. Diameter Static Kernmantle Rope
- 1 in. Wide Latex Treated Polyester Web Connection Sling
- 2 Saflok Self Closing/Locking Carabiners
- Polyester Web Rescue Sling
- Carrying bag of Cordura Nylon
Ordering Notes: The "Length" is the total vertical distance you need your RPD to cover. The 4:1 system requires rope to be five (5) times the total travel length, plus 10 feet. Custom lengths are available by calling Customer Service at 800-829-9580.
- RPD Rescue Positioning Device:
- Construction: Anodized aluminum housing, stainless steel and brass internal components.
- Locking speed: 3Ûª/sec. (.9m/sec)
- Rating: 350 lbs. (158kg)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (1.3kg)
- Size: 1.5 in. x 4.5 in. x 10 in. (3.8cm x 11.4cm x 25.4cm) in overall
- Rope: 3/8 in. (9.5mm) dia. static Kernmantle, 5,600 lb. (2,540kg) min. tensile strength, polyester cover, braided over nylon core, low stretch, torque-balance
- Connection Sling: 1 in. (25mm) wide latex treated polyester web, 9,800 lb. (4,445kg) tensile strength, 3 ft. (.9m) length
- Connection Hook: Automatic locking hook, 5,000 lb. (2,267kg) tensile strength, zinc plated
- Rescue Sling: Polyester web, 1 3/4 in. (4.4cm) wide, drop forged alloy steel hardware
- Carrying bags: 15 in. x 18 in. (38 x 45.7cm) dia./ 30 in. x 18 in. (76 x 45.7cm), Cordura nylon with urethane treatment
3602000 - Rescue Positioning Device System (RPD) 4:1 Ratio
- 6.00 LBS
- 18.00 (in)
- 15.00 (in)
- 25.00 (in)
- Country of Origin:
- United States