Over the years, the advancements in gas detection systems have been impressive. Multiple sensors for simultaneous detection of hazardous agents. Wireless data transmission. Smart alarms. These innovations have made gas detectors indispensable tools in industries where the presence of toxic gases is part of the daily grind.
But did you know they can be even better? In this article, we explore two game-changing gas detector accessories and how they can enhance the performance and usability of your gas detection equipment.
Docking stations charge, bump test, and calibrate your team’s gas detector equipment when not in use — so they are ready to go for the next shift. It’s a convenient accessory every organization with a fleet of gas detectors should consider.
In addition, some gas detection docking stations allow workers to automatically upload activity records, eliminating concerns about losing critical information. This could be pivotal in monitoring gas concentration trends over time, allowing you to analyze data and address potential issues accordingly.
Apart from convenience, a docking station offers the following benefits:
- Compliance Assurance: In certain industries, regular bump testing is a regulatory requirement to ensure that gas detectors are functioning within specified tolerances. It simplifies compliance, helping organizations meet industry standards and legal obligations.
- Efficiency: Docking stations enhance productivity by ensuring that gas detectors operate accurately, minimizing false alarms that might otherwise disrupt workers.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing your gas detectors are regularly and accurately tested gives your personnel confidence in the safety measures in place.
Docking stations are available in various configurations to meet the specific needs of different applications. PK Safety offers docking stations for single units and multiple gas detectors, such as the BW IntelliDox Docking Stations.
We also carry portable docking stations so you can recharge and recalibrate on the go. For example, The AimSafety Multi-Gas Monitor Calibration/Bump Test Station is a multi-gas test station that allows you to test up to four detectors simultaneously with the press of a button. Its rechargeable internal battery lasts up to 1,000 bump tests on a single charge, while its accompanying software lets you store test and event logs.
These accessories ensure your team gets the job done without delay and with utmost confidence.
They may be small in size, but BW’s Hibernation Cases are powerful accessories that allow you to make the most of your gas detectors. They achieve this through two primary ways:
- Sensor preservation: As the name suggests, a hibernation case puts the gas detector in sleep mode, effectively slowing down sensor degradation, prolonging your device’s lifespan, and reducing replacement costs.
- Battery conservation: Hibernation cases save precious battery life by minimizing sensor activity during periods of inactivity. This gives employees confidence that the gas detector is ready for action when needed.
The BW Hibernation Case in particular can hibernate your gas monitor H2S or CO gas monitor for a week or more, for up to 12 months of extended service. If you’re a seasonal contractor or offer gas detector rental fleets, hibernation clips and cases are the perfect solution for prolonging the lifespan of your investments. Check out PK Safety’s collection of hibernation accessories and find one that’s compatible with your existing monitors.
If you’re looking to boost the functionality and performance of your gas detection systems, our worker safety experts are some of the best in the industry. Get in touch with us, and we’ll help with recommendations and solutions for your safety needs.