BW Technologies is introducing a new disposable multi-gas monitor that doesn’t need charging after activation. Know your team has an active, working monitor out in the field, and not one with a dead battery. The BW Clip4 Four Gas Detector simultaneously measures H2S, O2, LEL, CO, and is available in a black or a yellow impact-resistant housing. It is built with IR technology which gives this detector a number of advantages. Infrared (IR) technology-based devices are reliable, fast-detecting, power-saving, and accurate.
How Does IR Technology Work in Gas Detectors?
Gases with molecules that consist of two or more variant atoms absorb infrared radiation in a unique way and are detectable using infrared techniques. These gases are often corrosive and reactive. The major advantage of IR instruments is that the detector does not directly interact with the gas. The components of the analyzer are protected with optical parts, so the gas molecules interact only with a light beam.
Other benefits include:
• Saves power, • Fail-to-safe operation, • No routine calibration, • Ability to operate in the absence of oxygen or in enriched oxygen, • Ability to operate in the continuous presence of gas.
Disadvantage: gases that do not absorb IR energy are not detectable (for example, Hydrogen).
With the sophisticated optical engineering, IR detectors are factory-calibrated and are virtually maintenance-free. They are particularly desirable in the working environments where detectors must be located in inaccessible areas.
Why Should You Choose BW Clip4?
The exposure to a hazardous gas creates an immediate and long-term health risk to personnel. When you’ve got your hands full in the field, you need a no hassle Hydrogen Sulfide, Carbon Monoxide, Oxygen, Combustible Gases detection that you can always count on to stay safe.
With the two years of continuous runtime (no charging, no maintenance or servicing, and no battery replacement needed), you can be sure that the BW Clip4 is always on. Just clip it on and get the job done. This versatile portable detector is a perfect match for industries ranging from a confined space entry to firefighting and welding.
The BW Clip4 has a two?year warranty to cover its entire service life. No need for charging or battery replacement guarantees a low cost of ownership. Just replace the device after two years and switch to a new one.
Working teams usually have more than enough gear to carry, making a small size and a light weight important attributes for any device. Today’s advancement in processing power allows sophisticated software to operate in even the smallest instruments, like the BW Clip 4, which is a major benefit to have.
4 Benefits of Always-On Detectors:
- Easy to Wear
- Durable, ergonomic and wearable — convenient and lightweight, doesn’t weigh you down;
- Compact profile — allows feeling comfortable even when working in tight spaces.
- Easy to Use
- Real-time gas concentrations are shown on LCD with intuitive LCD icons;
- User-friendly — tamper-proof operation with just one button allows to easily turn on the monitor, even when wearing protective gloves.
- Easy to Comply
- Flashing red non-compliance indicators warn workers that the detector has not been bump tested;
- Daily full function self-test of sensors, battery status, circuit integrity, and audible and visual alarms.
- Easy to Rely On
- Built-in concussion proof boot;
- Tested to last in extreme environments.
The BW Clip series revolutionized wearable gas detection with the safety of the always?on simplicity. When you clip on the BW Clip4, you know you are safe. It detects a variety of gases which pose a threat to your teams as they perform their duties. These devices help you ensure that everyone goes home at the end of their shift.
Note: Remember to calibrate every six months and regularly perform bump tests.
Was there anything we overlooked? Let us know in the comments below. And if you’ve got questions about whether the BW Clip4 is the right detector for your application, feel free to call us at 800-829-9580 or visit us at pksafety.com.