All it takes is a few inches of water to cause an extensive damage to your property, which can quickly become irreversible. Water damage can be devastating especially to the building’s structure: it weakens the foundation, causes cracks, and creates easy pathways for water to enter the building. If water is not removed in a timely manner, mold and other microbial organisms can begin to grow, creating damage and health hazards. So, when should you start worrying that moisture could possibly damage your property? When there is a problem with surface water, a soggy lawn, or when you notice that water easily gets into your basement. It is important to waterproof your property because unexpected raining and flooding can happen anytime. Remember that preventing water damage is less costly than paying for home repairs.
Signs of Foundation Damage:
- Doors (including garage doors) and windows no longer shut properly
- Doors, windows, walls, ceiling, or bricks in the outdoor foundation have cracks
- Foundation outside has moved from the level of your lawn
- Sloping floors, or visible wall rotation
- Gaps or separation between walls, ceilings, and floors.
Here is what you need to do to prevent house foundation damage:
- Exterior Measures
- Interior Measures