Capital Safety is recalling a series of Protecta Y-shaped lanyards produced between July 2010 and October 31, 2011. The snap hook attached to the back D-ring on these models has a flaw that could potentially cause it to fail and separate from the D-ring. Though no injuries resulting from the problem have been reported, we strongly suggest discontinuing use of all affected products and returning them to Capital Safety for a replacement.
The following products are affected:
- 1340141: Pro Stretch 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1340161: Pro Stretch 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1340240: Pro-Stop 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1340250: Pro-Stop 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 2199817: Compliance In A Can Light
- 2199818: Compliance In A Can Light