Safe Halloween Costume Ideas
Posted by PK Safety Team onFri Oct 21st 2016
Finding a perfect Halloween costume does not have to be stressful and pricey. Get creative inspiration from PK Safety! But first, here are some safety tips to remind you that safety should be your number one priority anytime, especially during the hectic holiday season.
- Select costumes made from flame-resistant and flame-retardant materials;
- Always use safety-approved electrical lights and decorations;
- Carefully inspect decorations and discard the damaged ones: any cracked or bare wires may cause a fire or an electric shock;
- Make sure the electrical decorations you use outdoors are labeled as being suitable for outdoor use;
- Instead of using real flame candles, use battery-operated ones to light your jack-o-lanterns, outdoor walk paths, and displays;
- To prevent electric shock, always plug your outdoor decorations into circuits protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, and never staple or nail light strings or extension cords;
- Keep electrical cords out of doorways and walkways to eliminate tripping hazards;
- Always turn off your electrical decorations and put out open flames before going to bed or leaving your home.
Now that you know some of our top safety recommendations, it's time to dress up.
Here are some fresh costume ideas from PK Safety:
Classic Cowboy: hat + FR shirt + jeans + vest
Ninja: coverall + black gloves + balaclava
Construction Worker: hi-vis rain suit or vest + hard hat + tool belt + protective gloves
Zika Virus Survivor: mask + high-risk disposable gloves + goggles
Airport Technician: vest + ear muffs + glasses + work pants + FR T-shirt
Mad Scientist: hazmat suit + umbrella + full face respirator + booties + disposable gloves
Bee Keeper: tan coverall + gloves + boots + hat
SEAL team: dark glasses + pants + camo shirt + knee pads + cooling vest + black gloves
Warning Signs: the whole family can be wearing warning signs attached to the front or to the back of a dark sweatshirt.
Check out our previous posts to get additional costume suggestions: Grown Up Halloween Costume Ideas from PK Safety
If you have questions or need help finding the right protective gear, please feel free to call us at 800-829-9580, or visit us online at pksafety.com.